The First National Bank, organized in 1904, is an independent community bank owned by Eagle Lake Bancshares, Inc. which in turn is owned by approximately seventy shareholders, most of whom are local residents. The Bank's historical and ongoing mission is to serve the banking needs of Eagle Lake as well as the portions of Colorado and Wharton Counties which comprise its primary trade area.
Stable leadership, supportive directors, and a friendly, capable staff have allowed the bank to own a major share of the local banking market. The bank has a reputation as a lending bank and as one which makes considerable effort to stay abreast of technological and economic changes.
Since its inception, the bank has been located at the corner of Main and Commerce Streets in Eagle Lake. The Bank has two Banking Centers: 138 S. Dill Street in East Bernard which opened in May, 2006; and 1001 Milam in Columbus which opened in August, 2004.